Microporous varnish designed for sanitary protection and decoration of barrels and large containers.
Free from pentachlorophenol and organochloride derivatives.
Complies with practices outlined in the: "Good Hygiene Practices Guide for the Wine Industry".
In compliance with practices outlined in CEE Regulation n°852/2004 of 29/04/2004.
In compliance with practices relating to the concept of overall migration and inertness as outlined in EC Regulations N° 1935/2004 & 10/2011 of the Commission of January 14th 2011: Migration testing for materials intended to come into contact with foods.
In its original formula, this varnish does not contain phthalates, bisphenol A, alkyphenols, parabens or formaldehyde.
Research and development / scientific studies
Testing Report N°RE-11/1162, IANESCO Laboratory 5/09/11: Migration testing for materials intended to come into contact with foods. Overall migration testing. Suitability for contact with alcoholic beverages (Ethanol 70%, Acetic acid 3%)
VECT’OEUR Laboratory - Certificates of Analysis:
N°CA10030335 Analysis of HALOANISOLES, HALOPHENOLS and ORGANOHALOGENIC active ingredients.
N°CA11070885 Analysis of Aromatic Polycyclic Hydrocarbons (PAH).
N°CA11070885 Quantity analysis of Volatile Polycyclic Hydrocarbons.
N°CA11070885 Presence and quantity analysis of heavy metals.
N°CA11070885 Sensory Analysis: SNIFFING.
1st microporous cooperage varnish with VOC 0+ (*)
(*)The absence of any quantifiable rejection of solvents and co-solvents allows the product to contribute effectively to preserving the quality of the winemaking environment.
- Reduced VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds).
- Plays a major role in the control and prevention of breakdowns in the comb area.
- Comprises a chemically inert acrylic bond.
- Protection for barrel heads, crozes, chimes and tins.
- All sensitive areas where olfactory interference is highly undesirable.
- Recommended for use in conforming to HACCP* practices.
- Free from pentachlorophenol and organochloride derivatives.
- Producing no olfactory effect, this covering product may be applied in highly sensitive areas where contaminant odours could lead to analytical or organoleptic modifications (barrel storehouses, winemaking premises).
- Plasticised satin finish makes it easy to clean away dirt and incrustation.
- Quick drying
- Free from chemical protection treatments on dry film
- DEPRO®VERNIS TONNELLERIE COV0+ VITI is a microporous product allowing surfaces to maintain their transfer properties.
- Excellent resistance in humid conditions
INTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Application zones: wood, all cooperage products, presses, wooden cases.
Surface preparation: the surface should be clean, in good condition and free from any substance that may prevent the product from adhering to it.
Ensure that there is no contaminant risk to the varnish exterior (smoke, solvents).
Do not apply if in doubt.
Surfaces and their preparation should conform to DTU regulation 59.1, standards NFP 7420 1 and 2
Stir well before use.
Application temperature: Min. surface temp. 7 °C - Max surface temp. 30 °C.
Mono-component product, easily applied in 1 or 2 coats; 1st coat at 5 % water dilution.
Application tools: Brush, roller, airless or pneumatic paint gun.
Drying 20 °C (and 65 % RH): Dust-dry in 20 min. Touch dry in 30 min. Ready for re-coating after 4 - 6 hours.
Easy to maintain: clean the finished surface normally as soon as dirt or other marks appear.